Bringing Perfection to Every Look – sapphire crystal watches
A watch is something that completes your whole appearance. A bad choice can spoil your look completely. No matter what you choose to wear, a watch is your perfect companion. However, the selection of the watch matters largely. Not every watch is suitable for every occasion or outfit. Also, the quality of the watch and its visual attributes influences your appearance as a whole. Only the design of the dial or the straps is not something that catches the first impression. The glass on top of the dial adds largely to the beauty of the design.
Watch glass material
Watch glass is the top transparent covering over the dial. The reflection of light over the glass watches creates the first visual impression. Light reflection on the glass should neither be too much or too little. The quality of the selected glass material is the key factor in resolving this issue. There are multiple options available that are fit for making the watch tops. Acrylic glass, mineral glass, and sapphire crystal in the watch are the top three choices among all the leading brands. However, the most popular among these three is the sapphire one for its many qualities and visual aesthetics.
Most desired and popular
Coming to the most popular choice, the sapphire crystal on watches certainly do not have a contender to compete. Acrylic or mineral glasses do not stand a chance in front of the fine and clear outer finishing of sapphire crystals. The thick and smooth surface of the high-quality crystal makes it strong and beautiful. Also, the sturdy texture of the glass makes it hard for any usage, assuring a lasting experience. It serves as a package of utility and aesthetics for the users, making it a top pick among the rest.
- Manufacturing qualities: What makes the watches with sapphire crystal the best? The answer is the manufacturing process. Unlike the other watch glass materials, the sapphire crystals require critical and careful making. First developed by a French chemist, Auguste Verneuil, these crystal glasses have evolved a lot through all these years. The use of extreme heat and pressure in the making makes them harder than the rest.
Sapphires are mostly blue, but they are also available in other shades. The impurities present in the crystals add to the hues that bring distinct shades of light reflection. It makes the watches with sapphire crystal look even more attractive and visually soothing. The color shades of red, blue, yellow, or purple that you see on the top glass are actually for the presence of chromium, copper, iron, or titanium. Pure sapphire is difficult to find, for which many brands use synthetic sapphires for the watches to avoid colored reflections.
First choice for brands
There is more than one reason why sapphire crystal watch are the first choice for the leading brands. The quality of pure sapphire is unmatchable, and the visual impression it creates makes them the bestseller. All the top timepieces of the brands have these crystals as the top glass. It is the right blend of affordability and quality, for which it is also popular among the customers.
Features that stand out
Quality manufacturing and the strong chemical bonding of the crystals make them a great choice for watches. The strong inner layers constructing the complete glass are damage-resistant and shock-proof. An overall combination of strong structure and delicate outer look is the USP of the watch sapphire crystal.
- Clean and premium: The quality of the thick glass on the top of a watch makes a mark on the visual appearance. A thin layer on top makes it unsafe for regular use and does not exhibit a superior look. All global brands specializing in fine timepieces feature sapphire crystal on watch to make the latest and bestselling models. So, the next time you purchase a branded watch, you know the glass material to look for.
- Resistance aspects: Sapphire crystals are highly resistant to scratches and other damages. A minor scratch on the upper surface can spoil the whole look. But with the sapphire watches, you can stay assured of zero abrasion. A smooth outer finishing reflecting an even light distribution over the dial is what you get with these high-quality watch glasses.
- Longevity assurance: Sapphire crystals can withstand greater pressure or water exposure compared to the other materials in use. Multiple inner layering that comprises the overall thick glass structure does not allow water penetration. These glass layers can absorb between 800 to 1800 N-meter of force, making it hard to break out of shocks. You get a lasting assurance on the watch glasses by virtue of the chemical nature.
Tips for you
If you own a watch having a similar crystalline glass on top or wish to buy one, here are some useful tips. Although these glasses are highly resistant and long-lasting, there are a few good practices that you should maintain.
- Keep it clean: Keep the glass layer clean by wiping it with a piece of cloth. It is better to keep the watch inside a box when you do not need it. It does not let the dirt come in close contact and stays shining as new.
- Things to avoid: Sapphire crystal glasses are water-proof, but you should not unnecessarily expose them to water pressure. Soap lathers or high-water force can sometimes penetrate through the side joining and damage the inner parts.
- For anti-reflectors: Many do not like the reflecting surface of the smooth glass layer. Thus, you can also put an additional AR layer over the glass to avoid the issue. But remember to use a good quality AR as it can damage the original texture of the sapphire and ruin the premium visual appeal.
Defines your choice
You can convey your fashion and style sense across a room through your subtle selections. Be it with your outfit or accessories like the watch, you can make a mark without going for bold choices. It is because of the quality and visual attributes that make it a top choice in the leading watch glass material. Watches belonging to the premium collection of the top brands feature sapphire crystal. Do not make a wrong choice by going for a substandard watch glass material, as it will not be beneficial in the long run.